Thursday, August 25, 2011

"It's A Small World, After All"

It is in fact a small world becoming ever smaller. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the other lecteurs and his girlfriend who both were really quiet and kept to themselves. I thought nothing of it but today at lunch I heard the two not speaking French, but English! As if that isn't already a coincidence enough at this research library decidedly on the periphery in France, he is a PhD student at, get this, UChicago! Blew my mind; it absolutely blew my mind. Turns out he's been here for six weeks and offered some helpful hints for the library making
y sejour ever more productive. Awesomeeeee!

Also, the food here is so fresh and fancy. I'm pretty sure 90% of it is grown in the horticultural garden across from my lodging

not gonna lie, I was afraid I would go out of my mind here and hate it, but I'm actually going to be sad to go. I wasn't planning on making scholar friends while I was here!

Also, the tea here is simply sublime. Going to miss that most of all

oh and did I mention my French has gotten quite better? Woot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment