Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 1 (Friday, August 19th): Gotta start somewhere

Heyo All,

[Insert witty, yet meaningful comment about how this is the first blog I’ve ever kept and will serve as my primary source of contact with the outside world for my three week trip]

If the world were not so inundated with blogs, this blog would more properly be titled "An American in Paris" but hey...what are you going to do?

So this blog will likely be a crazy, free-form, slightly nonsensical, rambling stream of consciousness…but you knew that already, didn't you?

Some back story:

I’m beginning to write my Senior Honors Thesis in Art History which I’ll eventually wrap up in April 2012.  By a stroke of unexpected luck, I secured a Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Grant.  This three grand is enabling me to get to France and complete critical on-site research.  I guess one could call the “having a kick ass time in a foreign country for three weeks” a pleasant side effect of said research.

So by the time this post goes up, I’ll be in route to O’Hare.  Eight and a half glorious hours of flying time nonstop (thank God) to Paris.  Long live United Airlines.  And I probably sold a bit of my soul when I forked over the extra 79 bucks for an Economy Plus seat  (OOOOH FIVE EXTRA INCHES OF LEGROOM!)  To my credit, no other economy seats were available….extortion?

Well that’s pretty much the short and sweet intro.  I’m going to try to update this blog on some sort of a regular (daily?) basis.  It will hopefully be replete with pictures, anecdotes, and hopefully stories of good food.  I do hope I find good food (*crosses fingers).

A bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment